Ocean State Aviation is currently seeking individuals for the following position(s):
GSE Mechanic (Full-Time)
A Ground Service Equipment shop at TF Green Airport has an immediate opening for a full time mechanic. We service several fleets of equipment for several major airlines.
Responsibilities include performing scheduled maintenance, diagnosing and repairing motorized and non-motorized equipment, as well as accurately documenting all work performed. This is a fast paced environment that offers a great variety not found in your average mechanic’s position.
Day to day operations involve working indoors and outdoors in all seasons. Applicants should have minimum 3 years of experience, their own tools, and at least some diesel experience. You must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screening.
We also service several other remote locations which require some travel.
This is a 40+ hour workweek with on-call rotation. Pay based on experience includes benefits. For consideration please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Component Rebuild Mechanic
You will be responsible for repairing and rebuilding various hydraulic and transmission systems.
- Accept delivery, document, and inspect units sent for repair.
- Provide accurate failure point assessment.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble items to manufacturer specifications.
- Verify repairs, document time and all items used.
- Previous experience as a mechanic.
- Hydraulic system experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
For consideration, please forward a resume to email@example.com
Ramp Agent/Aircraft Deicer
The duties/responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Being able to lift luggage weighing from 70-100lbs on a continual basis.
- Being available to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays. Also staying as late as required due to delayed aircraft arrival time.
- Working in all types of inclement weather, from snow to extreme heat.
- Operate a variety of machinery and equipment, including beltloaders, pushback tractors and deicing trucks.
- Working safely and in a timely manner to ensure on time departures.
- Being able to operate a deicing bucket up to 40 feet in the air, in any type of weather.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and manager.
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority, and carrier security and safety requirements.
This position is part time, ranging from 15-20 hours per week, with a focus on ground handling aircraft during the summer and deicing aircraft through the winter. Most winter shifts start at 430am, so reliable transportation is a must. During the winter employees may be asked to work anywhere from 15-40 hours per week depending on the weather, with on call shifts during snowstorms.
Applicants must be able to:
- Pass a criminal background check going back 10 years.
- Pass a drug screen.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation.
For consideration, please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org